Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A STIRRED HEART

"Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou astir up the bgift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my chands"  -  2 Timothy 1:6

Jesus Christ wants us to stay stirred up.  It doesn't do any good to say, "I wish I felt that way."  You have to decide to do something about the way you feel.  If you want to have victory over your feelings strongly enough, you will do whatever it takes to get it.

How do we stay on fire?  I have discovered that the bearing my testimony; kneeling in prayer; pondering on the words of hymns and truly reviewing my week when I partake of the sacrament stirs my soul and I find that the fire that burns within me fans to a bonfire.  These spiritual activities stir our hearts and keeps the fire aflame,  and prevents our spirits from sinking or shriveling into a lump of coal.

Passivity, procrastination, and laziness are the tools that the Adversary uses against Heavenly Father's children.  A passive person waits to be moved by an outside force before taking action.  We are to be motivated and led by the Holy Spirit; not by outside forces.  The best way to guard against passivity is to do it with all your might.

1 comment: