Thursday, May 6, 2010

THE POWER OF BEING POSITIVE

"For as he thinks in his heart, so is he."
-Proverbs 23:7

Many years ago, I was an extremely negative person.  My whole philosphy was this:  "If you don't expect anything good to happen, then you won't be disappointed when it doesn't"  So many devastating things had happened to me over the years that I was afraid to believe that anything good might happen.  Since my thoughts were all negative, so was my mouth; therefore, so was my life.

Perhaps you're like me.  You're avoiding hope to protect yourself against being hurt.  This type of behavior sets up a negative lifestyle.  Everything becomes negative because the thoughts are negative.

When I really began to study the scriptures and to trust Heavenly Father, one of the first things I realized was that the negativism had to go.  And the longer I serve God, the more I realize the tremendous power in being positive in my thoughts and words.

Our actions are a direct result of our thoughts.  A negative mind will result in a negative life.  But if we renew our mind according to the mind and will of God, we will, as Romans 12:2 promises, prove in our experience the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

It is a vital necessity that we line up our thoughts with God's thoughts.  This is a process that will take time and study.

2 comments:

shydandelion said...

I do that too...It's hard to go through life without turning into a cynic! But it's like President Hinckley said, "Enjoy the vistas."

Mano said...

Hi,

You've got a very nice blog. To become a profitable human being the basic factor should be to have positive thinking. Enjoy Sky Rocketing Achievements with Turbo charged Positive Affirmations... Create Positive Thinking So You can Eradicate Pressure From the Existence, Raise Your Self-Confidence and Plan Your self For Lifetime Achievement!