Monday, May 3, 2010

MINISTERING ANGELS

Yesterday I substituted at the organ for Sacrament Meeting.

As I sat at the organ playing the postlude I started to feel very light headed and slightly nauseated. 

About every three to four months I attempt to fast on Fast Sunday and have not been successful.  Yesterday was one of those days.  I have finally come to grips that I should not fast (a little sad because I feel that I am missing out on the blessings).  My body does not respond very well - and sometimes it is a little scary. 

After I was done playing the organ, Victor walked up to the stand and took one look at me and said "We are going home."  He quickly walked down to the Primary Room to let Leah (the Primary President) know that my blood sugar dropped too low and that he is taking me home.

He returned and walked me out to the car.  As we were walking out, Jeannette (the relief socity president)stopped us and asked if I was okay.  She said my eyes didn't look good (probably glossing over)... :)  She quickly asked if I needed a blessing.  I let her know that I would be fine once I ate a little and rested for a while.

I ate a little when I got home and then slept until about 4 p.m.

Later that evening, Sirena came by with her family with a plate of cookies and to make sure that I was okay.  Sirena is my visiting teacher and is also the Primary Chorister.  Her husband is the bishop.  I love my Visiting Teacher.  She is awesome!  :)

It was nice to know that there are members of the ward who are truly concerned and show forth compassion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:D I am glad you have people who are concerned for you, and want to make sure you are okay! It's comforting since your family is so far away. :)