Tuesday, January 19, 2010

TENDER MERCIES

1 NEPHI 1:20

"And when the Jews heard these things they were angry with him; yea, even as with the prophets of old, whom they had cast out, and stoned, and slain; and they also sought his life, that they might take it away. But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance."


In April 2005, Elder Bednar stated: 
 
"I testify that the tender mercies of the Lord are available to all of us and that the Redeemer of Israel is eager to bestow such gifts upon us."

The idea for a new Blog came to mind Tuesday morning as I was driving to the church to pick up Evan from Seminary. 

I have been praying fervently to Heavenly Father to protect my job and to bless Victor's company with contracts so that Victor and I can continue working.  I am often concerned that our positions may be at risk at our various jobs due to the economy and the company's desires to stay afloat.  Victor and I have witnessed many of our co-workers losing their jobs and it has hit pretty close to home.

Tuesday morning I had been praying about again due to the layoffs at work that occurred on Monday.

As I was approaching Gonzales Rd the rain had stopped for a moment the sun tried to peek around the clouds.  As a result the clouds had a thin ribbon of gold across the top and wide bands of sunlight in various shades of white and yellow burst straight towards Heaven.  I was struck with such awe and amazement that I was overcome with such deep emotion that I realized that this was Heavenly Father's way of telling me that there is sunlight after the storm.

I am at peace and I am able to come to work with joy and happiness in my heart and am able to do my job.  And it almost seems that I am able to do so with more efficiency than I have in the past 5 years.  I have been able to accomplish tasks more easily and without error.

I am thankful for the blessings that Heaven pours down upon us and I am especially grateful to the peace that is offered to us when we are worried or distressed.

My hope for this blog is to share with you the Tender Mercies of the Lord that exist in my life and in the lives of my families and friends.

May the Heavens pour down abundant blessings and may you see the Tender Mercies of the Lord in your own lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful. Thanks for sharing. :)