Wednesday, February 24, 2010

DEAR SISTERS

We are daughers of a Heavenly Father who loves us.  We need to feel His love each and every day.  But how do we do that?  In Alma 32, we read that we only have to feel the tiniest desire to begin.  Do you want to feel the Lord's love?  Do you have the tiniest desire?

During this year, I invite you to record some of the "tender mercies of the Lord" in your life.  They can be as simple as a child sleeping through the night, a beautifully sunny day, a timely telephone call from a friend - anything.  Please write at least once a week during this year.  As you write about the goodness of the Lord in your life, you will feel deep gratitude for His love, and you will recognize even more of His love in your life.

We are sisters and we are strengthened by each other experiences when we share them.  Please take the opportunity to share some of your experiences; what you have learned and how you have been strengthened by knowing and feeling the Lord's love in your life.

When I started my Tender Mercies Journal in 2005 I wrote the following:

"My intention is to continue with this journal until it is full.  As a result, I hope that I find a relationship with my Heavenly Father that I can share with my family and friends.  I hope that my testimony of the Gospel reaches out to my postarity from these pages.  This is my prayer for all who read the tender words penned."

My journal is not full, but my memories are.  Heavenly Father has touched my life in a million ways and can no longer count the ways.  My life is blessed with great abundance and I feel the love of my Heavenly Father continually as well as the love of my Savior. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think there are too many for me to list!
I don't believe I could go from day to day without Him blessing my life enormously. Everything begins and ends with His boundless love and gifts.